Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Shots yuck!

I know I mentioned Christian's two month well check in his last month post but that's only because I was behind in posting so it had already happened :P His two month well check was actually not until well into his third month because there was no sooner appointments. The doctor checked him out and once again declared him "perfect" and then it was time for his shots. I had had a sick feeling in my stomach all morning and the night before knowing that he'd be getting them that day - there's nothing worse than seeing your child in pain :( I just had to keep telling myself that we are preventing a greater pain by having him immunized. The nurse came in and gave him three shots in his legs - he cried for a few minutes but was easily calmed and I thought the worst was over. I was very wrong - he slept a little after the appointment and when he woke up he was just miserable - crying harder than he ever had and whimpering as if he were still in pain :( I gave him tylenol as the doctor instructed and he finally fell asleep after a few hours of crying. After sleeping a couple of hours (longest nap ever!) he woke up in a much better mood - here he is recovering on the couch with daddy . . .

The next morning he woke up happy again - he did throw up once but it didn't seem to bother him so we aren't sure if it was related to the shots or just a fluke. I will be dreading his next appt coming up in November when he has to get more :(

No comments:

Post a Comment